Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

First signs of summer

Hurrah – summer is here – at least on paper as it’s June and half term for most. So I thought I’d do a vintage style clothing update.  I am just amazed at how much you can how buy in the vintage vein and on the high street too!



I think you may have guessed by now that love Tara Starlet and for summer I don’t think you can get much better for a summer vintage look than a pair of the high waisted shorts. The new summer items on the site now include a lovely selection of Hawaiian playsuits. I love the idea of these and think they look amazing on the right people but I think my legs are far too stumpy for them. Here's my favourite colour:
On the high street a cheaper alternative can be found in Matalan:


I love seeing how the 1950s fashion is influencing things now but I’m seeing some lovely dresses, only to try them on and they come to my mid-thigh. They are lovely fabric, great cut and very authentic looking but for me they are just too short. You can find them everywhere on the high street at the moment from Oasis to H&M.  Enjoy hunting them out!  I was going to add about some lovely 1950 bikinis out there but I can't seem to upload the photos - do check out asos.com, Pistol Panties, Floozie by Frost French at Debenhams and even New Look!

No comments:

Post a Comment