Search This Blog

Monday 3 January 2011

Cinderella Blitz and vintage sale buys

Hello again and hope you had a good Christmas and happy new year!

It's amazing how fast time goes when I'm not at work and I haven't done half the things I wanted to but it's still  been a lovely holiday from work.

One of the highlights was NYE itself which also happens to be my birthday.  Mr P and I managed to get some amazing seats at Matthew Bourne's 'Cinderella' which is playing at Sadler's Wells at the moment.  It's not on for long though and I would recommend going if you can get seats.  Try all the usual places online but there is normally always a cancellation on the day so call the theatre directly.  What made the production so special is that it is set in London during the Blitz, the production and artists' performances dedicated to family that was lost during that time.  It is always a perfect time for remembrance being the 70th anniversary of the Blitz.  The music was written by Sergei Prokofiev in 1941 and is very dark, the production suits this perfectly.  The story isn't the traditional one but the sets and costumes are perfectly wartime and so many uniforms! ;-) Here are a few photos but do try and see it if you can, it is a limited run!



As it is January all the sales have started and it's given me an excuse to 'research'the best buys out there which have a vintage feel.  There are some wonderful things are sale at Oasis, here are my favourites:
This sleeveless 50's style dress with the high neckline and bold colours. The mixture of red, black and grey is very chic.  There are lots of little sweaters to match this too :-)

How about this for a perfect tea dress:

...and finally, something that wouldn't look out of place on the Mad Men set.

There is so much out there in shops and online at the moment that has a lovely vintage feel and won't cost you an arm and a leg so have a browse and see what you can find.
A lot of my shoes I buy are Miss L Fire and there seem to be a lot of these on sale at the moment on asos.com. As I mentioned before I've just been lucky enough to have my birthday and got these amazing Miss L Fire Blyton shoes.  Not only do they look so cute on the inside is to die for.  Photos below (swoon):




What to wear under your new dresses?  Figleaves are having their sale at the moment and this caught my eye, with the matching bra it gives the glamour of a time gone by but under your stunning dress.


As an aside, I have done my hair tutorials but being the perfectionist I am they aren't quite right yet and I want to get the perfect music to go with them but please bear with me, I'll post them as soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment