Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Next Stalls

I think I am pretty prepared for my next couple of stalls.  I have to be really as they are one week apart.  The first one I’ll be at in the next few weeks is the Pop Up Vintage fair in Hampstead on 29th May.  It is taking place in the Hampstead Town Hall which is stunning inside with a sweeping staircase.  Doors open at 11.  More details can be found at facebook.com/popupvintagefairs  at least I hope that's the right link as I'm not an FB member myself. 
 I’ve been working on some new things and worked out a way to make the Grace Kelly style  pearl fascinators stay in place more comfortably as they are pretty heavy with all the pearls on.  These have been particularly popular with the wedding season starting.  I’ve also been making more one off pieces.  I think there are more and more ladies out there who are feeling brave enough to wear a fascinator after all, what are they but larger than usual hair slides?  Talking of hair slides, I’ve made these summery beauties specifically for the summer themed Joy of Vintage fair coming up on the 4th June in Watford.  Sorry for the rubbish photos but hope you get the idea.  I've had my own labels made now too and it's amazing the difference a little bit of fabric can make to something.


Incidentally the ladies who organised the Joy of Vintage fairs are featured in this month’s Vintage Life magazine.  As mentioned, the next fair is themed for summer – expect the usual sunny atmosphere, tea and cake, strawberries and scones. I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment