Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

Shoes, bags and cakes - oh my!

As I have said before I love Miss L Fire shoes and now I can frankly say I love Miss L Fire.  My beautiful, wonderful, shining new shoes arrived the very next day after I ordered them online and direct.  Luck was on my side in spades, as when our lovely Mr Posty knocked on the door with the shoes, Mr P was out so he doesn't know I have added to my 'collection' mwahahahahah!  That means I have a higher chance of getting away with having them for a while before he notices them and I can use my trusty line of 'wow, these old things, no, I've had them for ages and frankly I'm amazed you've only just noticed them'.  Hehe I am evil and tricksy.  Having said that though these shoes are amazing and I'd be surprised if he doesn't comment on them.  The craved wooden heel is amazing and truly a work of art.
I'll take a photo of them in situ when I get the chance.

Then, as even more luck would have it, the gorgeous Lucite bags by the same wonderful shoe maker, were for sale online by What Katie Did on pay day.  These were only available at the WKD boutique in Portobello Road originally so hurrah!  I went online and was all ready to order the tortoiseshell bag until I saw they did it in pillar box red.  Pillar box red! (swoon)  After I had picked myself up from the floor I ordered the red one sharpish.  When it arrives (which I think it has but just been taken to the sorting office) I will take a photo of it in its swoon-worthy glory.  For now here is the stock photo.


Lastly, I had a 'Stepford' weekend this weekend and loved it.  Saturday I bought loads of lovely Spring flowers and arranged them so that we now have 5 vases full of double-headed daffodils, hyacinths, tulips, and anemones.  I did some sewing, knitting and fixed the other half's trousers.  Sunday, I was in the kitchen baking and cutting crusts off sandwiches, wearing my pinny and making a mess.  Whenever I'm in the kitchen it looks like monkeys have come in and thrown stuff around, just me though....I made 2 lots of cupcakes, mocha sponge with coffee icing as mumsy's favourite and, from the Primrose Bakery book - their Strawberry and Cream cupcakes.  These were so good and look very sweet and summery.  I laid the table the night before Mothers' Day and Mr P said it looked like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.  He couldn't have given me a nicer compliment.  I love my cake stand in the photo below, it's the same one that they use at Bea's of Bloomsbury.  I'm actually going there to see my friend next week so that's good news.  I love afternoon tea, be great to have it everyday but don't think my waist line will thank me!  Happy Monday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment