Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tempting trinkets

Just in time for Christmas I’ve found some lovely things that would make perfect pressies.  I am hoping that Mr P takes note as well!

First up is this fantastic mug, think it says it all really. 



As a big reader myself, I love to curl up on the sofa with a book so you can buy it from the Literary Gift CompanyDue to the nature of the company I work for, I’ve been dragged into the real paper book versus electronic book debate.  I actually had someone in my office the other the day who was convinced that ‘proper’ books were going to stop being made in a few years and we’d all have a Kindle or something similar.  I agree that maybe hardbacks will stop being made but paperbacks?  I may have to eat my words but I can’t see it happening, to be fair though this is coming from the girl that when she worked at Virgin Megastores in Brent Cross scoffed at the idea that dvds would take over from video cassettes....oh dear.....
My boss has bought a Kindle for his wife and have to say I was very very impressed.  It’s  a lovely little bit of kit and would make going on holiday a lot lighter for me.  I read at a rate of knots and can easily get through 4 or 5 books a week if on holiday so of course I have to pack them on.  However, on a diddy little Kindle you can upload all the books you want and still have space in your case for an extra pair of shoes or two – hurrah!  Anyway, as usual I digress....
Next stop are 2 similar sites for vintage jewellery.  Below are an example of what they do and some of my favourites (I hope my family are reading this hehe!)

The first site is Elsie Belle, gorgeous little trinkets that have that one off vintage feel. I love the scissors (fits in with my dress making) and the lovely vintage bee and I'm not a fan of gold.  The whole site is darling and has a really lovely feel to it. 

A similar site is Temporary: Secretary  I have no idea where I have been but I hadn't even heard of these sites until today.  Something for everyone on this site - cute, kitsch, vintage and quirky.  i truly believe that there is something for everyone of this site.  I've just had to buy the birdcage necklace but the pearl bracelet is on my list now too.


Lastly, these 'Keep Calm and Carry On' neacklaces I thought were perfect for so many of my friends, whether they like vintage jewellery or not!

Another idea for presents for the girlies in your life is a voucher for the makelounge in Islington.  I went there at the weekend and doing one of their workshops is one of the nicest ways to spend your Saturday morning.  There are 2 locations on the same road, separate only by a cycle shop.  I was in the bright and airy workshop next door to their retail shop where they sell gorgeous fabrics, craft books and little bits and bobs.  It gave me the feeling of an old fashioned sweet shop, large window, shelves piled high and full of colour.  If you have a look at their website you can see what workshops they do and hopefully see one you fancy.  It was definitely worth the long work from Finsbury Park (as all the lines I wanted to get were down that day).  I did take some photos but as is the story of this blog, I haven't uploaded them yet.  To get a better idea of what I got up to have a look on the website http://www.themakelounge.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention, we love this post, and we looooove your blog.

    Keep us posted!
    Lots of love
    Temporary:Secretary xx

    ReplyDelete