Search This Blog

Monday 20 September 2010

Welcome one and all

Wow, so here is my first ever blog.  I'm hoping that eventually it will be a catalogue of things that people who have the same interests as me will find useful.  but what am I interested in I hear you ask?  Photography, dressmaking, baking, vintage events, making over people to give them a vintage look and hosting lovely tea parties that you can attend!  Yes, you've found me out.  Not only do I hope that this blog will inspire people to put on a bit more red lipstick but I hope to tempt you to let me and my wonderful friend help host a wonderful vintage tea party for you and all your friends.  A typical afternoon would involve yummy cakes, teamed with a nice cup of tea or gin cocktail served in vintage china.  You'd have the chance to try on something from a selection of vintage clothes, to wear and purchase bespoke fascinators, unleash your naughty side with burlesque pasties and knickers and have your hair and makeup done by one of our lovely team of artists.  
For anyone who is interested, we'll also post photos of any vintage buys we find - both reproduction and high street and true vintage so you can grab the same yourself. 
Please don't think I'm a vintage snob as I'm not.  I buy a lot of things online that wouldn't look out of place in the 1940s or 50s but they aren't necessarily vintage and 70 years old.
I'll also add videos on how to do your hair in vintage styles - if anyone has any suggestions or asks then let me know and as soon as I've worked out how to post these then I will!

Really looking forward to this - hope you are too x

No comments:

Post a Comment