Search This Blog

Thursday 16 December 2010

Festive Warmers

As promised here is the recipe of the wonderful cocktail I had at the Palm Court last week.  It makes enough for 6 or I suppose 3 very very thirsty people:

500 ml apple juice
120 ml pear schnapps/vodka
250ml St Germain liquor
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 green apple (cut into slices for decoration)

Yummy, you can have this cold with lots of crushed ice or hot by putting all liquids in a pot and warming but not boiling.

Another lovely thing I've seen is on the Waitrose Christmas website where it's suggested you warm some milk in the microwave or on the hob and then add 6 Maltesers and stir in until the are melted.  I can't wait to try that one!


'Malty Slumber'

Lastly, and a whole lot easier, is making a cocktail for any unexpected guests out of three parts warm apple juice to one part Winter Pimms.  It's the brandy based Pimms no. 3 and is very strong but tastes all Christmasy because of the brandy and orange.  I realise this post makes me seem like a bit of a lush and I'm really not.  I very very rarely have a tipple and when I do just a few sips get me tipsy!  These are all ideas for you in case you are hosting a party this holiday season and fancy doing something a bit different.

In the meantime I have a makeup find for you.  I normally stick with what I know but on a shopping trip out I saw this wonderful lipstick.  I think I fell for the colour first and then the packaging ;-)  It's the Clarins Limited Edition Rouge Prodige Lipstick in 130 Barocco.  It is slightly pricy at £16 so not that much more than a Mac lipstick and it is great quality and really stays on.  The colour reminds me of a 1930s Hollywood starlet, very vintage looking and very glamorous.  There is a slight sparkle to it as well, don't let that put you off though it just gives a nice shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment