Search This Blog

Friday 5 November 2010

Fashion firecrackers

Morning everyone, hope you're looking forward to the weekend - I know I am!  It's the time of month where I am able to treat myself to something pretty and this time I've treated myself a couple of times - yippee!  I know a lot of hardcore vintage lovers may sneer slightly towards reproduction vintage but it makes up the most of my wardrobe.  It is cheaper than the really thing, more robust and I can pop it all in the washing machine without worrying how it will come out.  One of my favourite places to get dresses and separates other than Tara Starlet is Vivien of Holloway.  Imagine my joy and surprise when I found out they are how doing a super sweet range of day dresses.  They come in a beautiful range of colours and I especially like the black one with white collar as it appeals to the inner-goth in me as it reminds me of 'Wednesday's' dress  from the Addams Family.  Here is my second favourite, I plan to get myself to the shop as soon as I can and try one on. I find it a bit odd that they are selling them into winter but I know there are many lucky people out there going somewhere warm for Christmas.

While I was online I took the plunge and treated myself to one of Vivien's pinafore skirts which are very flattering and at £49 I think a really good price.   They come in so many gorgeous colours and fit the bill for a night out or a day in the office.  I am wearing the one below today with a smart black shirt, seamed stockings and heels and have to say feel quite good :-)  The photo below is of the black tartan fabric and I love it.  Red tartan always reminds me of Christmas and being dressed up as a child so the black one appeals to me so much more!

I have also been fortunate to come into contact with an amazing dress designer but I want to do a special feature on her so watch this space.  All I can say for now is that I have never worn such a well fitting dress that just oozes the glamour of the 1940s.  Start saving now as you'll want one of her dresses for yourself too. 
Have a good night tonight if you are going to a fireworks display, personally I am going to watch them from a window as the scare the jitterbug out of me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment