Search This Blog

Sunday 28 November 2010

Good news, bad news

Unfortunately this weekend did not go completely to plan for me. I had planned a lovely evening out with some lovely friends to Proud Cabaret in London and I think with a mixture of cold and home decoration I put my back out :-(  All evening I had reminders of what I was missing - my hair was done, nails done, dress hung out and heels at the ready.  So disappointed.  Hope you had a lovely time girlies!

I was having a think from  my last post about what constitutes 'vintage'.  I've seen some funny ol' things on the internet which have been described as vintage, an example of this was a cushion with an embroidered rose and skull on it.  This apparently was a 'vintage skull pillow'.  Hmmmm.  Anyway, the reason that I was wondering about this is because I have recently bought the most stunning earrings (in my opinion) from AquArt Jewellery


Ever since I can remember I have loved amethyst and silver.  I saw these and just had to have them. I would whole-heartedly recommend you check out the website as they have some wonderful things and every piece is bespoke so you will be the only person to own that item.  So, back to my question - are these vintage?  Maybe not but it's how you wear them.  These will go perfectly with a 1940s updo and one of my hair flowers.  They are simple and understated but have that elegance that I think lacks in a lot of mass produced jewellery but is quintessential to the 1940s style.  I am tickled pink with these and will wear them a lot and that's what it's about.  If you buy good quality items that you love now then they will be the sought after 'vintage' pieces of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment