Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Vintage events other than in London.....

Hello lovely ladies (and maybe some gents)
A couple of things pop to mind today.  Firstly, I do not live in London, I used to work and live there and was never sure where one finished and the other started.  I have to say though there is always so much going on and it takes a lot to raise an eyebrow from a passerby or even a second look.  There are club nights and events a plenty.  I still have a finger in the pie of London by being a member of The New Sheridan Club (www.newsheridanclub.co.uk)– country membership of course!  Now that I live in Hertfordshire I do find it a bit much to try and go to all the things I want to in London but have admitted defeat and pop in when I can.
It would be wonderful if there was more to do out here.  Does anyone know about any secret vintage rumblings out here in the sticks?  I have heard about one such event being held on Friday 26th November in Letchworth Garden City.  A vintage event in Hertfordshire I hear you cry?!  Why yes, I’m not a member of facebook myself but here’s the link to it on there: http://www.facebook.com/Sinners.Playground
Details are: SINNERS PLAYGROUND - DECADES OF DECADENCE BALL, Burlesque and Music Event featuring Marianne Cheescake, Fifi Fatale, The Zipheads, Unseen Shadows, Amelia Valentine, DJ Electrobunny and many more....
 LETCHWORTH: The Spirella Ballroom
FRI 26TH NOV, 2010 7.00pm - 12.30am
I’m not sure what it will be like but might be worth a peek, tickets are available here http://www.wegottickets.com/event/97729
Another non-London vintage do is in Bath.  I know that’s even further than London but think this would make part of a wonderful weekend away.  When I was at Vintage at Goodwood this year there was a beautiful stall that took my eye belonging to the talented ‘Mrs Strokes’.  I kept passing the stall as it was right by their ‘40s section but resisted buying anything.  This is the one and only pit fall of living with a boy, I can’t buy an excessive amount of girly pretty things and can’t see me getting Mr P to sit down with a bone china mug sipping tea.  Having said that we are off to Fortnum and Mason’s for afternoon tea as a birthday treat to me soon – yippeeeee!
So, I was checking out the lovely things on Mrs Strokes’ site and she has the most wonderful idea of having a monthly ‘Secret Tea Party’.  How wonderful!  http://www.mrsstokes.com/userimages/The-Secret-Tea-Party(2121681).htm
Tickets are £15 and the location is revealed on purchase of the ticket to build the excitement.  Here’s an excerpt from her site:
The Idea
Each month I host a Secret Tea party in a location that is only revealed once you have booked, to add to the excitement of the event - and the exclusivity. It's a full afternoon tea with fizz, music and vintage china shopping. I am also going to partner-up with different people each time who will each have a special talent or skill or perspective that I hope you might like. And of course there will be shopping - vintage china in a private setting with a glass of bubbly in hand.
The first one
November 6th was the first Secret Tea Party and it was held at The Nineteenth House in Bath. The special guest was Gemma Lye who runs The House of Go Disco, Bath's agency for vintage-style models and burlesque performers. Gorgeous Gemma gave a demonstration about how to create the perfect, wearable vintage hair-do and make-up look. We also had Inma and Lou there - two vintage stylists who gave everyone fabulous makeovers.  There was also a full afternoon tea, music, china on sale and a goodie bag.



An example of the lovely gift sets of Mrs Stokes
I have to say that Bath is on my list of places to go and this makes it even more appealing.  Well done that lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment