Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 October 2010

What's in a name?

When Shara and I decided that we wanted to join forces and just 'make pretty things' we didn't know what to call ourselves.  Originally we wanted to be called Vintage Vixiens but think someone had already beaten us to it.  So, while we were designing and creating this blog came into being.  I told Shara and she loved the name so from then we began 'Teaparties and Lace'.  The idea fits well into our concept which is vintage fashion, something that you might wear to a teaparty.  I always think of garden parties hence my flower theme and teaparties so quintessentially girly so I use soft fabrics and girly veiling.  But where's the lace?  Well, this is the racier side of our business and the making of pasties.  Not the ones you can grab as you wait for your train at Kings Cross but the nipple tassle variety.  It got me thinking though that I needed to use lace more to truly live up to the name 'Teaparties and Lace' so I got the ol' glue gun out and created these pasties, the ultimate in naughty burlesque.  What I like about these ones is that they offer a little more 'coverage' for the more modest among us.  Oohlala.




I tried my hand at sequin ones as well but it is so painful if the glue gets you and it usually does.  I like how they came out though :-)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment