Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2011

Good times

Have you ever had a really good feeling about things and experience a momentum of all things lovely? I hope you have, as I have to say that I have been lucky enough to feel this in the past couple of weeks. Please don’t mistake this for smugness as it’s not, it’s just a feeling of things settling and coming together. It helps to have a lot of things to look forward to as well.

The first of thing to look forward to (TTLFT for short!) is my first stall at a dedicated vintage fair. This is the Joy of Vintage and takes place every quarter in Watford. I am a little nervous about it all if I’m honest but very excited to be a part of it. It should be a great day, mainly due to the fact that I have some lovely friends popping down which is awesome and means so so much. The date is the 26th March, time is 11-5 and place is Beechen Grove Baptist Church, Watford WD17 1JJ. 

In order to prepare for the fair, it’s given me a reason to be selfish and sit upstairs in my vintage ‘chick pit’ and get creative. I’ve also got back into crochet and have been making these sweet little cherry brooches. They have been the perfect project while I sit with Mr P when the football is on –and there seems to be a lot of it on!!

It seems that there are a lot of vintage fairs happening. I know it isn’t for everyone, personally I don’t own any vintage clothes (apart from a few Swirl dresses) and everything else is repro. It’s my choice but the fairs give me a chance to have a look at the style of the clothes and inspire me to make something myself. I go to the fairs for the home wares and jewellery but that’s not to say I wouldn’t buy a beautiful vintage dress if I saw one. I don’t live right in London so I class local as anywhere in Hertfordshire and North London. I recently found out about this fair in Primrose Hill http://www.vintagefashionfairlondon.co.uk/
As an extra bonus you can register for free entry tickets. How much of an incentive do you need?

Second, TTLFT is baking. I have got some wonderful recipes for buns, banana bread and cupcakes. Cupcakes are my absolute favourite thing to make. Fads will come and go (cake pops anyone?) but I stand by my love of the cupcake. I’ve recently ordered 2 new cupcake books. 'Cupcakes from Primrose Hill Bakery' and 'A Zombie Ate My Cupcake!' by Lily Vanilli


 


Yes, they are a little different but I am looking forward to creating some of the wonderful ideas in both books! On the subject of the delicious little cakes, I have treated myself to this little gem. If you’ve even made cupcakes and taken them on a road trip in normal Tupperware, you know that this will change your life (cupcake speaking) - a cupcake caddy!!!  I'm getting old aren't I??? :-(



TTLFT number 3. Mothers Day! Still a bit of a wait but it’s an excuse for afternoon tea..as if I need one.

Number 4, clothes related this one..I have been parted from my favourite red dress from Cath Kidston, that even my older brother knew had a vintage look – well done Richard! It has been with the dry cleaners this week but I am picking it up on Saturday, hurrah. Also, I have ordered this pink dress from Tara Starlet. I can’t wait for our long suffering postie to knock on the door.  The black one is on my wish list.





If you are still in need of the perfect spring/summer dress then it’s worth bearing in mind that Get Cutie are offering 10% off their range with this code SPRING10.  Last few days of this offer, which ends midnight March 7th 2011.



...and finally, Tart at 40 Winks has had a revamp. A new name and a new location. I was lucky enough to experience the original girly afternoon at David Carter’s beautiful home last summer.  The afternoon for ladies is back, called Coquette and held at Kettners in Soho. If you are interested and want a copy of the invitation for the April and June events please get in touch and I can mail it to you.

I have taken some photos of new vintage style headpieces so will upload them for the next blog.  Have a lovely day everyone.  Pip pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment