Search This Blog

Thursday 17 March 2011

Vintage style accessories and dresses for a wedding?

As it is the season for weddings coming up, I thought it might  be useful to post a couple of jewellery suggestions.  There is a site called Glitzy Secrets. Please don't be put off by the name as is a really great site for a special piece that is vintage inspired.  Here's the link: http://www.glitzysecrets.com  They have a 'vintage' collection described as 'a charming and beautiful collection of replica vintage (pieces) inspired by priceless vintage jewellery from Victorian, Art Deco through to 1940s Hollywood eras. The stunning range features diverse designs from vintage chandelier earrings to classic, ornate drops.'  Here are a few of my favourites.  Below is a pair of earrings, hair comb and hair pins.  I think the hair accessories would look stunning in a sleek up do.



For something a littler simpler, I found these earrings on www.notonthehighstreet.com from the seller laurafallulah.  http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/laurafallulah/product/bouquet-earrings

 On the subject of weddings, I've found a few items that would be perfect.  The dress below is from Oasis and priced £60.  I love the colour but also think it's very similar to a very flattering red version I own from Stop Staring.  A real bargain this one I think.  it comes in the blue below and a yellow.



 
 

I'm not allowed any more shoes but these are lovely:

Other lovely clothes from Oasis are as below, there are so many and I'm going to try and resist them all.  I love all these items as the cut is so flattering and is in the same style as the 1940s tea dresses or glamour of the 1950s made so popular today because of the TV series 'Mad Men'.







(sigh.......)  hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment