Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Vintage fair news

I have the post-Vintage fair blues. Saturday’s Joy of Vintage Fair was so much fun. It was well organised, full of lovely things, the people were all wonderfully friendly, and had a great feeling all day. The time zoomed by. It was really lovely seeing my friends who popped down as well, I really appreciated it and a big thank you to Tess who was flower seller extraordinaire and stayed with me for the afternoon. I met lots of lovely people, ate a yummy cinnamon cupcake and drank tea from vintage china. As mentioned in earlier posts I was very nervous to begin with but by the end of last week was looking forward to doing it. I left on such a high into a sunny evening, couldn’t have been a better day. It was also the first time I had worn out my Colette pattern dress in the Tanya Whelan print. I got lots of compliments and it gave me a really boost.

I was so busy on Saturday I didn’t take any photos but you can find them on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Joy-of-Vintage/155273521178119

I did take one photo of the stall on my phone so excuse the rubbishness:


So the next fair is on the 4th June, come along if you can. Venue is the same Beechen Grove, Watford. The makeovers I saw were fabulous, there was a little tearoom with cakes and sandwiches that you could sit at all afternoon and people watch, and it is a place full of happy chatty people – great stuff.  As a result of the fair on Saturday I have no more business cards left so I have ordered some more.

On the back of last weekend, I’ve been invited to take part in a Pop Up Vintage Fair in Hampstead. The building is gorgeous – take a look below. This lovely building will have two rooms of beautiful vintage fashion, accessories and homeware for sale. There's the Main Hall with high ceilings and tall windows and the Small Hall with marble fireplace. Both halls are approached via a sweeping staircase with a huge vintage Victorian mirror and clock at the top of the stairs.

This event will take place on Sunday 29th May and I will be helped by the lovely Mr P! The venue is Hampstead Town Hall, 213 Haverstock Hill, Hampstead NW3 4QP, dates are 29th May & 19th June 2011, so if you live in London (particularly North London) and you want a vintage fair fix come along and say hello!

Other exciting news is that I have a little ad on ‘Diary of a Vintage Girl’ at the moment.  it is below the main sponsors and looks like this:

This links straight through to my etsy shop which has now been updated. With 2 fairs to get ready for in short succession I have a lot to do and lots of ideas! I want to make a new dress for each event as well. I still have the Vintage Vogue patterns to work through and one for a pencil dress with cap sleeves. Before all that though I need to finish my curtains dress!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the stall looks really lovely!!
    If I lived a bit closer I would definitly drop by!

    ReplyDelete