Search This Blog

Friday 4 March 2011

New hair flowers in bloom (photo overload alert!!!)

I realise everything comes down to personal taste but I love anything quirky and 'out there' so when I put my hair in an updo I put a flower in it.  This could be something small and subtle at the front or overstated and large at the back to emphasise a chignon. 

I recently bought some stock of magnolia flowers and they are BIG.  Each flower actually measures 6 inches across but they look amazing in hair if you're brave enough.  I've attached some photos below. 
Front view

Back view



This white double flower clip is very Billie Holiday who was a true artist of her day and rose as a social phenomenon in the 1950s. Here's my interpretation of her style, I think I'll call it the 'Billie' flower clip.  If anyone knew how to accessorise it's her.



I have been crocheting like mad, as mentioned in my last post, and here's the fruit (pardon the pun) of my labours: red cherry brooch.  I've been wearing 2 with a blakc or red cardie, one on each shoulder.  have to say it looks rather cute, but admitedly sounds a bit mad.


 Lastly, I had dinner last week with some very dear friends, all them them very stylish and wonderful ladies.  One of them had this amazing aliceband/fascinator covered in pearls.  It was beautiful....so I set about making something for myself.  I hope she doesn't mind!  What do you think?
 

 The magnolia fascinators and cherry brooches will be for sale on my etsy very shortly! http://www.vintagegardencrafts.etsy.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment