Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2011

2 days to go!

2 days to go to The Joy of Vintage Fair!



Another lovely sunny day today, so warm that I didn't even come in with a coat this morning and I really feel the cold so it must be warm. Oh lovely sun where have you been for so long?  To celebrate the change of weather I am wearing a 1940s blouse and my black silk high waisted, fish tail skirt from Tara Starlet.  Hair is in no way vintage and is straightened with my wondeful ghd thingies which I only just discovered a few weeks ago and now I have them I'm never going back!

The day started off with an early morning trip to the sorting office to collect a couple of parcels. It felt like Christmas but sadly they were presents I’d bought myself! One was from What Katie Did and contained a few lovely pairs of their seam stockings and the other was a lovely little book that I recently found out about. It’s called ‘Vintage Crochet’ by Susan Cropper.

It has some lovely patterns in here, my favourites are the delicate shrugs, peony corsage and gorgeous bags! Not only is it a pretty book but it actually has real content in it and all the patterns look doable. I have to admit that I never thought of doing anything other than making granny squares, hats and little animals with crochet so a whole new world has been opened up to me! I’m planning on starting a little shrug this weekend.  Looking forward to it, I've never knitted anything so excited to crochet a garment.  Only thing is that the patterns call for good wool and quite a few balls so it could turn into an expensive hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment