Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Curtains and dresses

As mentioned in the mammoth post below I have a few projects in sight for this year.

I have my patterns and I have my curtains/material.

I think I have 2 favourite brands when it comes to dress patterns with a vintage feel and those are Butterick and Colette.  A Colete pattern actually started me off into making my own clothes and I used their high waisted skirt pattern using a blue material with white polka dots.  I must take a photo!

Anyway, last summer there was a bit of a run on vintage Swirl dresses.  I am lucky enough to own a couple but they are few and far between.  In essence they were house dresses that wrapped around with a cute little button just below the neck.  So (with a little fanfare on my imaginary trumpet) if you've missed out why not make your own, but with a much lovelier back?

This pattern from Colette, no 1013 is the first project for me this year.  No zips, no lining so I am a happy girl!


Next on the list are 3 Butterick patterns, B4443 for the cap sleeved pencil dress very ' Get Cutie'-esque, Retro Butterick B5209, and B5383. 


I am such a fan of Butterick and nearly all the patterns I pick are dubbed easy and really are.  I have a lot of confidence in them after how my first Butterick dress pattern turned out (see my Vintage at Goodwood post earlier in the blog).

Lastly...or should that be 'for now' are 2 gorgeous Vintage Vogue patterns V1084 and V1043.


I can't wait to get started, especially with material like this, all from curtains!


1 comment:

  1. Love that Fabric, whichever one you make from it its going to look stunning!

    ReplyDelete