Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Last weekend...

This Sunday I had to channel my inner Stepford and cook a lunch for 6 people including a birthday girl (my mother-in-law). So in 3 hours I’d cleaned downstairs, arranged flowers from the garden in my lovely vintage milk pitcher (sweet peas and irises), made and iced a birthday cake with white chocolate writing and got dinner on the go. I didn’t think much of it at the time but I was exhausted at work come Monday. It did make me laugh to myself at the time as I had a huge circle skirt on in the morning and felt very 1950s housewife and slightly stoic , especially as Mr P was in bed feeling poorly – the reason why the lunch was so last minute. We were meant to go out for the day and this was our compromise.

My present to the birthday girl was an apron I’d made myself (photo in an earlier post) trimmed with a lovely blue silk bias binding and a cd of the Lion King as she’d been to see it earlier in the year.

I didn’t just treat other people this weekend though. On Saturday, a present to myself arrived. I have been so good for a few months and treated myself to a Bettie Page dress. I practically filled a case of these dresses when we went to the shop in Las Vegas on honeymoon and haven’t bought any since so thought it wouldn’t be too bad. Here is said dress, can’t call me a shrinking violet! I thought I’d wear it for Coquette in June.

As the weather is so dry I have been able to wear out my Miss L Fire Daquiri shoes, Mr P only just noticed them yesterday and liked them. I wondered whether this would be a carte blanche to buy another pair in purple but don’t think it did sadly. I do love them though....(sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment